Here you can get Symantec Netbackup Interview Questions
1. If you have a SCSI attached robot and in device monitor you see the drives marked as AVR, what does that mean and how would you fix it?
2. If I asked you to tell me if a client has Netbackup on it just by using a telnet command what would you do?
3. If you wanted to know what IP address netbackup was using to perform backups what command would you run and where would you run it?
4. What is flash backup?
5. How is image stored in netbackup
6. If a media ID A04567 comes back and it is frozen, what are the steps to unfreeze it and move it back to scratch from the command line?
7. If you wanted to bypass netbackup commands and move a tape from slot 1 to drive 3 how would you do that?
8. What is the client version supported by NBU 6.x and 5.x Masters?
9. If your last catalog backup was two days ago and the master server crashed what would you have to do to bring your environment back up to present time?
10. How do you find a disk based image via the command line and then delete it?
11. How do you import an NBU image that has been written to a disk storage unit?
12. What are the critical catalogs or databases on a Media Server?
13. How would you tune NetBackup to increase backup performance?
In which location(path) the temp files located in Netbackup for Windows/Unix?
14.What is the process of importing images and why do we import images?
15.How to Importing and expiring images?
16.What does it mean by inventoring a robot?
17.What is SAN media server?
18. How to check tape is bad?
19. How to check the tape is already expired or not?
20. How to check volume pool?
21 Media has been already expired, How to find out?
22. How to check tape is in cap?
53. How to see log entries, how to create log directories?
24.SQL Script.. in client. How to create?
25. How to install media server (with device configuration steps)?
26. what is avr mode
27. There is a Tape library with 10 drives …Can we able to create 2 Storage units…..?
28.There are 1000 Client machines , 999 machines are transferring datas in good speed but one client machine is taking too long to transfer a datas ….. That is …backup should complete within 2 hours…But after 12 hours and more …the data transfer is still happening…. why?